Useful info for Kirkland’s Nature’s Domain Puppy Formula Chicken & Pea
- Made by Diamond Pet Foods who is also known for their “Taste of the Wild” line of dog foods.
- It is grain-free
- First 8 ingredients:
- Chicken, chicken meal, peas, garbanzo beans, lentils, fava beans, sweet potatoes, chicken fat
- Does not contain fillers such as brown rice.
- Also no corn, soy, wheat, or other fillers.
- Contains probiotics to help develop healthy levels of bacteria in the puppy’s intestines.
- Contains DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) to promote proper brain and eye development.
Other nutritional info per daily serving:
- Calcium 1.2%
- todaysveterinarynurse.com recommends 0.8 – 1.2% for large breed puppies.
- Phosphorus 1.0%
- todaysveterinarynurse.com recommends a 1.1:1 to 2:1 in relation to calcium.
- Contains vitamin D supplement but does not have a percentage of how much, there also isn’t clear recommended range to look for other than ensuring there is some available in puppy foods.
- DHA is at 0.05%
- Recommended levels should be ≥0.02%
- 3,650 kcals/kg
- Recommended caloric density is between 3,200 to 4,100 kcal/kg.
Click on these images to open higher resolution images–
CertaPet. (2018, March 16). Nature’s Domain Dog Food: A Close Look Into This Costco Brand. Retrieved from https://www.certapet.com/natures-domain-dog-food/
Kerby, V. L. (2018, March/April). Giant Expectations: Nutrition for the Large-Breed Puppy. Retrieved from https://todaysveterinarynurse.com/articles/giant-expectations-nutrition-for-the-large-breed-puppy/